Sunday, February 8, 2015

I'm Back!

I'm sure all three followers of the blog were really distressed by my absence over the summer (and fall, and most of the winter).  What can I say?  Summer started, both farm work and office work picked up, and blog posts fell by the wayside.

We vacationed with my mom and stepdad on Maui last month, and while we were there paid a visit to John at Rancho Relaxzo.  That visit, and the time spent in a place where things were actually *growing*, really reinvigorated my passion for permaculture and got me excited about this spring and the many springs to come.

To that end, Manflesh has enrolled in Geoff Lawton's online PDC course.  The idea is that we'll both watch all the materials, so really we'll both have all the knowledge, but he'll be getting the certificate.  He's planning to do an overall design for our land as his final project, which we'll start putting into practice this year.  After that, we're hoping he'll be able to find some small projects with which to build his portfolio, leading to this being a nice little side business for him.

In other news, I've got a perfect raisin-sweetened oatmeal cookie recipe to share as soon as I get around to making another batch and taking pictures.

I'm stoked for spring and ready to blog the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment